New opening for an Industrial Relation Manager
To further enhance its endeavors towards Technology Transfer, Idiap is now seeking applications for a senior position as Industrial Relation Manager.
Besides its main missions of research and education, Idiap also strives at maximizing the impact of its research on the private sector through Spin-Offs, R&D contracts, industrial sponsoring, as well as industrial collaborations supported by the State of Valais and the Swiss Federal Government (Commission for Technology and Innovation—CTI).
Working in close collaboration with the Idiap’s management team,
researchers and the head of a software development team (currently
composed of a dozen of engineers), the ideal candidate will:
- Develop a strategy for international promotion and prospecting
- Play the role of interface with industrial partners, thus fostering the development of new projects, directly or indirectly (innovation) exploiting research outcome and knowhow
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with industries
- Maintain and exploit the Idiap technology portfolio
- Manage all Intellectual Property aspects (patents and licenses)
Required skills :
- EPF/HEC degree or equivalent
- Established International network in the academic and industrial communities
- Passionate about new technologies, and having contributed directly or indirectly to their exploitation.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and innovation spirit
- Autonomous and entrepreneurial
- Demonstrated experience in intellectual property management (with minimum legal skills)
- Talented oral and written communicator in French and English (German being a plus).
Idiap offers attractive conditions in an extremely dynamic and innovative environment. Ready to take up the challenge? Send us your application in English via http://www.idiap.ch/jobs. Applications submitted by (e)mail will not be considered
For more information, feel free to contact Dr François Foglia, Deputy Director, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: 027/721.77.11. Deadline: March 15 2014
To apply or to get more info about the position, please click on the following link: