Idiap on LinkedIn Idiap youtube channel Idiap on Twitter Idiap on Facebook
Personal tools
You are here: Home Awards and Jobs FAQ Money matters

Money matters

Show or hide the answer What Taxes will I pay?

Holders of “L” and “B” permits (see section on work permits above) will normally pay between 20% and 25 % tax. Taxes are automatically deducted from your salary. The rate depends mostly on your status and permit (ie single, married, no. of children...).

Show or hide the answer How do I open a Bank Account?

To allow us to pay you, you will need to open a bank account at one of Switzerland’s major banks. Idiap suggests UBS or Banque Cantonale du Valais. To open an account you will need to take your permit (or authorization letter) and passport with you. Only holders of a “B” permit are eligible for a credit card, or debit card that can be used at other bank’s teller machines.

Document Actions