Srikanth Madikeri got his Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Madras in 2013. During his Ph.D., he worked on automatic speaker recognition and spoken keyword spotting. He is currently working as a Postdoctoral Researcher at Idiap since August, 2013. His current research interests include - Automatic Speaker Recognition and Speaker Diarization.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering at IIT-Madras (2008-2013)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering, Anna University, Chennai (2004-2008)
- 2 years as Project Associate at IIT Madras (2008-2010)
- 3 years as Research Associate at IIT Madras (2010-2013)
- Postdoctoral researcher at Idiap Reserach Institute (2013-current)
Professional Activities and Awards (selected)
- Best paper award at NCC 2011 for the paper titled "Discriminative training of Gaussian mixture speaker models: A new approach" in the Signal Processing Track
- S. Madikeri, and H. Bourlard, "KL-HMM based speaker diarization system for meetings", in Proc. of ICASSP 2015, Brisbane, Australia, pp. 4435-4439.
- P. Motlicek, S.Dey, S. Madikeri, and L. Burget, "Employment of Subspace Gaussian Mixture Models in speaker recognition", in Proc. of ICASSP 2015, Brisbane, Australia, pp. 4445-4449.
- I. Himawan, P. Motlicek, M. Ferras, S. Madikeri, "Towards utterance-based neural network adaptation in acoustic modeling", in Proc. of IEEE ASRU 2015.
- S. Madikeri, "A fast and scalable hybrid FA/PPCA-based framework for speaker recognition", in Digital Signal Processing, Vol. 32, pp. 137-145, September 2014.
- S. Madikeri, and H. Bourlard ,"Filterbank slope based features for speaker diarization", in Proc. ICASSP 2014, Florence, Italy, pp. 111-115.
- S. Madikeri, "Speaker Verification and Keyword Spotting Systems for Forensic Applications", Ph.D. thesis, IIT Madras.
- S. Madikeri, "A Hybrid Factor Analysis and Probabilistic PCA-based system for Dictionary Learning and Encoding for Robust Speaker Recognition", In Odyssey 2012-The Speaker and Language Recognition Workshop [pdf].
- S. Madikeri and H. A. Murthy, "Mel Filter Bank energy-based Slope feature and its application to speaker recognition," Communications (NCC), 2011 National Conference on , vol., no., pp.1-4, 28-30 Jan. 2011 doi: 10.1109/NCC.2011.5734713
- S. Madikeri, and H. A. Murthy, "Discriminative training of Gaussian mixture speaker models: A new approach," Communications (NCC), 2010 National Conference on , vol., no., pp.1-5, 29-31 Jan. 2010 doi: 10.1109/NCC.2010.5430204
E-mail: firstname dot lastname at idiap dot ch
Tel: +41 27 721 7743