Luis Santiago LUÉVANO GARCÍA
M.Sc. Luis Santiago Luévano García is a fourth year PhD Computer Science candidate at Tecnologico de Monterrey, Campus State of Mexico. After finishing his B.Sc. in Computer Science and Technology at the same institution and one year and a half of industry experience at Dell, Inc., in 2016, Luis Santiago pursued his Master's degree studies at the Stevens Institute of Technology, focusing in artificial intelligence and computer vision, graduating in 2018. Today, Luis Santiago is part of the Intelligent Systems Research Group at Tecnologico de Monterrey and the Biometrics Security & Privacy Research Group at the Idiap Research Institute, focused on very low resolution face recognition research as his doctoral thesis topic, striving to close the gap for real-time applications.
- B.Sc. Computer Science and Technology at Tecnológico de Monterrey, State of Mexico, Mexico, 2015
- M.Sc. Computer Science at Stevens Institute of Technology, New Jersey, USA, 2018
- PhD Computer Science Candidate at Tecnológico de Monterrey, State of Mexico, Mexico, 2022
- Y. Martínez-Díaz, H. Méndez-Vázquez, L. S. Luevano, M. Nicolás-Díaz, L. Chang and M. González-Mendoza, "Towards Accurate and Lightweight Masked Face Recognition: An Experimental Evaluation," in IEEE Access, vol. 10, pp. 7341-7353, 2022, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3135255.
- L. S. Luevano, L. Chang, H. Méndez-Vázquez, Y. Martínez-Díaz and M. González-Mendoza, "A Study on the Performance of Unconstrained Very Low Resolution Face Recognition: Analyzing Current Trends and New Research Directions," in IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 75470-75493, 2021, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3080712.
- Y. Martínez-Díaz, M. Nicolás-Díaz, H. Méndez-Vázquez, L. S. Luevano, L. Chang and M. Gonzalez-Mendoza. Benchmarking lightweight face architectures on specific face recognition scenarios. Artif Intell Rev 54, 6201–6244 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10462-021-09974-2
- Y. Martínez-Díaz, H. Méndez-Vázquez, L. S. Luevano, L. Chang and M. Gonzalez-Mendoza, "Lightweight Low-Resolution Face Recognition for Surveillance Applications," 2020 25th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2021, pp. 5421-5428, doi: 10.1109/ICPR48806.2021.9412280.
- Y. Martínez-Díaz, L. S. Luevano, H. Mendez-Vazquez, M. Nicolas-Diaz, L. Chang and M. Gonzalez-Mendoza, "ShuffleFaceNet: A Lightweight Face Architecture for Efficient and Highly-Accurate Face Recognition," 2019 IEEE/CVF International Conference on Computer Vision Workshop (ICCVW), 2019, pp. 2721-2728, doi: 10.1109/ICCVW.2019.00333.