Short BiographyCurrently working as a PhD student in Michael Liebling's group, Computational Bioimaging group.
I was born and breed in Switzerland and also hold a Belgian passport.
EducationMSc in Micro-Engineering from Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 2011.
BSc in Micro-Engineering from Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 2009.
- PhD student in the Computational Bioimaging group, Idiap/EPFL, 2016
- Research assistant at CVLAB, EPFL, 2015
- Freelance software developer, Cape Town, South-Africa, 2014
- Vision engineer at Mikron Automation SA, Switzerland, 2011-2014 and 2015
- Teaching Assistant for a few EPFL courses (C programming, Prof. R. Boulic, Analysis 1, Prof. P. Chabloz, General Physics 4, Prof. A. Pasquarello), 2009-2011
ResearchList of publications: (links on my Google scholar page.)
- Temporal Super-Resolution Microscopy using a hue-encoded shutter, C. Jaques, E. Pignat, S. Calinon, M. Liebling, Biomedical Optics Express, Vol. 10, September 2019
- European Patent, application number EP19154253, System and method for increasing the resolution of a camera
- Generalized temporal sampling with active illumination in optical microscopy, C. Jaques, M. Liebling, SPIE Wavelets and Sparsity 18 2019, San Diego, USA
- Multi-Spectral Widefield Microscopy of the Beating Heart Through Post-Acquisition Synchronization of Overlapping Filter Bands, C. Jaques, L. Bapst-Wich, D.F. Schorderet, M. Liebling, IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging 2019, Venice, Italy. This paper won the best paper award (1st place) at ISBI
- 200020_179217 - Computational biomicroscopy: advanced image processing methods to quantify live biological systems,
- 200021_159227 - Computational Methods for Temporal Super-resolution Microscopy,
- 206021_164022 - Platform for Reproducible Acquisition, Processing, and Sharing of Dynamic, Multi-Modal Data.
ContactLinkedin : Linkedin profile
Email : christian DOT jaques AT idiap DOT ch
Website : Personal site