Currently working as a post-doctoral researcher in the Biometrics-security-and-privacy group at IDIAP Research Institute, Martigny, Switzerland. I am working in BATL project, in the area of secure biometrics. Previously did PhD in Department of Electrical Engineering in Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. My research focus during Ph.D was on eye gaze tracking and its applications.
Previously, received M Tech in Instrumentation from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in 2012 and B Tech (Hons.) from Calicut University, Kerala in 2010 in Electrical and Electronics Engg.
Areas of expertise include Computer vision, Biometrics, Image processing, Pattern recognition, Machine Learning, Eye tracking, Python, C and C++ programming, Micro controller programming, and Embedded System Design.
Work and Education
- IDIAP Research Institute, Martigny, Switzerland (2017 - Present) , Post-doc, Secure Biometrics
- Samsung Research Institute, Bangalore (SRIB)(2017 Feb-September) , SAIT, Technical Lead, Machine learning
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (2012 - 2017) , PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Vision
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (2010 - 2012) , M. Tech (Instrumentation)in Electrical Engineering
- Calicut University, Kerala (2006 - 2010) , B. Tech (Hons. ) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Fast and Accurate Eye Localisation Algorithm for Gaze Tracking in Low Resolution Images, A. George, A. Routray, IET Computer Vision, 2016.
- A Score-level Fusion Method for Eye Movement Biometrics, A. George, A. Routray, Pattern Recognition Letters, Elsevier, 2015. (pdf)
- A Multimodal System for Assessing Alertness Levels due to Cognitive Loading, A. Sengupta, A. Dasgupta, A. Chaudhuri, A. George, A. Routray, R. Guha, EEE in Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 2017.
- A Vision Based System for Monitoring the Loss of Attention in Automotive Drivers, A. Dasgupta, A. George, SL. Happy, A. Routray, Intelligent Transportation Systems, IEEE Transactions on. (pdf)
- An on-board vision based system for drowsiness detection in automotive drivers, A. Dasgupta , A. George, SL. Happy, A. Routray , International Journal of Advances in Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics. (pdf)
- Alertness monitoring system for vehicle drivers using physiological signals, A. Sengupta, A. George, A. Dasgupta, A. Chaudhuri, B. Kabi, A. Routray, Handbook of Research on Emerging Innovations in Rail Transportation Engineering (Book Chapter), IGI Global, 2016.
- Real-time Eye Gaze Direction Classification Using Convolutional Neural Network, A. George, A. Routray, Signal Processing and Communications, SPCOM, 2016 International Conference on
- A real time facial expression classification system using Local Binary Patterns, SL. Happy, A. George, A. Routray, Intelligent Human Computer Interaction (IHCI), 2012 4th International Conference on. (pdf)
- For the full list of publications: Google Scholar
- Pre-prints of publications: arXiv
- A SYSTEM FOR REAL-TIME ASSESSMENT OF ALERTNESS LEVEL OF HUMAN BEINGS, A. Routray, A. Dasgupta, A. George, SL. Happy, 634/KOL/2013 (Published)
Awards and Honours
- Winner, BioEye 2015, International Eye Movement based biometrics competition, Organized by IEEE BTAS, A. George, A. Routray
- Finalist, Intel IEC 2012, A. George, A. Dasgupta, A. Routray
- MHRD Fellowship, During Ph.D (2012-2016) and M.Tech (2010-2012).
Tel: +41 27 721 7753