Duties related to:
* Effective Idiap communication strategies (articles, news, website, annual report)
* Internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
* Content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or Idiap website
* Events (organization, marketing)
* Corporate website and social media pages (content, monitoring, etc)
* Hands-on experience with web content management tools,
* Proficiency in MS Office
* Experience with marketing campaigns on social media
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, French. German is a plus
* BSc in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or relevant field
Idiap is an independent, not-for-profit, research institute recognized and funded by the Swiss Federal Government, the State of Valais, and the City of Martigny.
Idiap offers competitive salaries and conditions at all levels in a young, high-quality, dynamic, and multicultural environment. Idiap is an equal opportunity employer and is actively involved in the "Advancement of Women in Science" European initiative. The Institute seeks to maintain a principle of open competition (on the basis of merit) to appoint the best candidate, provides equal opportunity for all candidates, and equally encourage both genders to apply.
Idiap is located in the town of Martigny in Valais, a scenic region in the south of Switzerland, surrounded by the highest mountains of Europe, and offering exceptional quality of life, exciting recreational activities, including hiking, climbing and skiing, as well as varied cultural activities. It is within close proximity to Lausanne and Geneva. Although Idiap is located in the French part of Switzerland, English is the official working language. Free French lessons are also provided on a complimentary basis.
For frequently asked questions (FAQs) about living in Switzerland, please go to http://www.idiap.ch/en/faq