Passionate by new technologies? Talented and creative programmer? Excited about the Idiap research fields? Join the R&D team of the Idiap Research Institute and become a key player of our technology transfer activities.
The Idiap Research Institute, located in Martigny, is a nonprofit Foundation affiliated with EPFL, specializing in multimedia information management and multimodal man-machine interactions.
Besides its main missions of research and education, Idiap also strives at maximizing the impact of its research on the private sector through spin-offs, R&D contracts, industrial sponsoring, as well as industrial collaborations supported by the State of Valais and the Swiss Federal Government (Innosuisse - Swiss Innovation Agency).
In this context, the Idiap Research Institute is always happy to consider spontaneous/speculative applications for research and development engineers to enrich our R&D team or to contribute to the growth of our spin-off companies.
- Development of leading-edge technology demonstrators in collaboration with researchers
- Analysis, design and development of software prototypes in the framework of technology transfer projects with industry (including algorithm optimization, unit testing and documentation)
- Programming support to researchers
- Maintenance and software quality control
- Management of Open Source software
- EPF/HES degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- Strong experience in Python
- Creative, open-minded and ability to work within a team
- Fluent in French and English with good communication skills
- Experience in statistical machine learning, computer vision and/or speech processing
- Good knowledge of C/C++ programming under Linux environment
- Interest in multi-platform development (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Experience in mobile environment development (Android, iOS)
Idiap offers attractive conditions in an extremely dynamic and innovative environment. Ready to take up the challenge? Submit your application. Applications submitted by (e)mail will not be considered.
Idiap is an independent, not-for-profit, research institute recognized and funded by the Swiss Federal Government, the State of Valais, and the City of Martigny.
Idiap offers competitive salaries and conditions at all levels in a young, high-quality, dynamic, and multicultural environment. Idiap is an equal opportunity employer and is actively involved in the "Advancement of Women in Science" European initiative. The Institute seeks to maintain a principle of open competition (on the basis of merit) to appoint the best candidate, provides equal opportunity for all candidates, and equally encourage both genders to apply.
Idiap is located in the town of Martigny in Valais, a scenic region in the south of Switzerland, surrounded by the highest mountains of Europe, and offering exceptional quality of life, exciting recreational activities, including hiking, climbing and skiing, as well as varied cultural activities. It is within close proximity to Lausanne and Geneva. Although Idiap is located in the French part of Switzerland, English is the official working language. Free French lessons are also provided on a complimentary basis.
For frequently asked questions (FAQs) about living in Switzerland, please go to http://www.idiap.ch/en/faq