BEAT Platform User Guide¶
The BEAT platform is a European computing e-infrastructure for Open Science proposing a solution for open access, scientific information sharing and re-use including data and source code while protecting privacy and confidentiality. It allows easy online access to experimentation and testing in computational science. You define what data and modules you would like to use, we make sure the system runs and provides you with a result. Data from different experiments can be easily compared and searched. The platform also provides an attestation mechanism for your reports (scientific papers, technical documents or certifications).
This guide contains detailed and illustrated information on how to interact with the BEAT platform using its web interface. Before you continue with this guide you should familiar yourself with different components of BEAT (see Getting Started with BEAT).
In order to take full advantage of the guide, we recommend you register into the platform and follow the tutorials in the order defined in this guide.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Search
- 3. Experiments
- 4. Attestations
- 5. Reports
- 6. Toolchains
- 7. Data Formats
- 8. Algorithms
- 9. Libraries
- 10. Queues and Environments
- 11. Teams
- 12. User Settings
- 13. Frequently Asked Questions
- 13.1. What kind of experiments does the BEAT platform support?
- 13.2. I can’t write Python code. Can I insert
<my preferred programming language>code instead?
- 13.3. I want to write a new backend for
<my preferred programming language>. How should I proceed?
- 13.4. Can I run a version of the BEAT platform on my premises?
- 13.5. I’m getting an error, or the platform is not functioning as expected, or the platform does not do something I need. How can I submit a feature request or a bug report?
- 13.6. How can I have my dataset available on your platform?
- 13.7. Are there restrictions on dataset size? Are you ready for Big-Data?
- 13.8. The computing power is too limited for my needs. Can I get more CPU/Memory/Processing Time?
- 13.9. Why can’t I un-share a contribution of mine in the platform?
- 13.10. What is unique about the BEAT platform? Why shouldn’t I use Spark/Hadoop/HDFS/
<solution of choice here>instead?
- 13.11. Can the platform run on a cloud provider?
- 13.12. Can I install the BEAT platform on my premises? Is it free?
- 13.13. What is a supervisor?
- 13.14. Why do I need a supervisor to start using the BEAT platform?
- 13.15. My account got blocked for various reasons, how do I unblock it?
- 13.16. How do I become a supervisor on the BEAT platform?