Idiap Research Institute
Centre du Parc
Rue Marconi 19
PO Box 592
CH - 1920 Martigny
Welcome! Currently I am a PostDoc on Vein Biometric Recognition at Idiap in the biometric research team. The project I am involved in is called BIOWAVE, for more information:
- Short Biography Olegs Nikisins obtained his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Riga Technical University & Institute of Electronics and Computer Science (IECS) in 2013, where he worked as a researcher (2007-2016, IECS, Riga, Latvia). His primary research and development experience is related to Computer Vision and Machine Learning techniques with application to biometrics (http://bite.edi.lv/) (face recognition, multi-modal biometrics, recognition of palm veins and ridges), medical imaging and other industry oriented tasks. After receiving a PhD Olegs carried out a research in Aalborg University (AAU, Denmark) in the field of multi-modal face recognition. In AAU he collected a database of synchronized RGB, 3D and Thermal facial images and designed a three-modal face recognition system / algorithm. Besides biometric-related research Olegs participated in various Computer Vision based projects: segmentation of blood vessels in medical scans of the lungs, recognition of traffic signs, real time recognition of playing cards, design of control system for manufacturing of electronic components.
- Education Riga Technical University & Institute of Electronics and Computer Science (Riga, Latvia) Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering (Dr.Sc.Ing) - October 2013
- Professional Experience Institute of Electronics and Computer Science (Riga, Latvia)
- Publications For a complete list of my publications please visit my ResearchGate profile: Olegs Nikisins on ResearchGate
- Contact olegs.nikisins@idiap.SwitzerlandWebCountryCodeGoesHere
Researcher (September 2007 - February 2016)
Duties: Member of biometrics research group; research in the field of biometrics, computer vision and machine learning. Aalborg University, Visual Analysis of People Laboratory (Aalborg, Denmark)
Visiting researcher (November 2013 - January 2014)
Duties: Research in the field of multi-modal face recognition.