AWARDS & JOBS NEWS
- Thesis award for Dario Azzimonti Jan 09, 2017
- Dr. Dario Azzimonti was awarded the C. Moser Award for outstanding Ph.D. or M.Sc. theses within the Institute of Mathematical Statistics and Actuarial Science of the University of Bern.
- Idiap has a new opening for an Internship position in Natural Language Processing on DNN-based coreference models Dec 22, 2016
- Co-reference is the relation between words or phrases in a text that refer to the same entity. DNNs have been successfully applied to a variety of NLP tasks, but for coreference resolution such approaches have shown limited improvement and a suitable model remains to be found. The goal of this internship is to go beyond classifiers that decide whether a pair of phrases is co-referent or not, and instead learn to represent, in the output layer, each of the entities of a text. In collaboration with a PhD student and a postdoc, the model will be applied to document-level machine translation. The work will thus relate to the EU SUMMA and SNSF MODERN projects.
- Idiap Awards 2016 Dec 22, 2016
- The 2016 Idiap awards have been granted to Darshan Santani and Cijo JOSE.