TECH TRANSFER NEWS
- Recapp, Idiap spin-off and winner of the ICC’2013, provides software capable of transcribing meetings Jun 01, 2016
- Recapp’s software, already used by the Valaisan Parliament, has now its first application case on the communal level. The “General Council” of the Collombey-Muraz municipality now uses the software in order to transcribe its meetings.
- Eyeware, young Valaisan start-up and winner of the ICC’2015, featured in RTS’ radio show "Néophiles" May 09, 2016
- Kenneth Funes, whose project “Eyeware” was amongst the winners of the ICC’2015, is currently founding the start-up Eyeware in Martigny (Valais). It develops gaze and interaction technologies based on his PhD work done in the Idiap Perception and Activity Understanding group. The EyewareAssit system allows interacting with a computer via the head and facial gestures, and is particularly aimed at people with paraplegia who are unable to use a standard keyboard or mouse.
- Two Idiap spin-offs at the heart of Swisscom’s new TV Box Apr 27, 2016
- Recapp IT and KeyLemon, two Idiap spin-offs, have contributed to the development of the new TV Box of Swisscom by allowing for the first time the voice recognition of Swiss-German dialects.