TECH TRANSFER NEWS
- Biowatch, Idiap spin-off, recommended by Bilan as a start-up in which to invest Jun 07, 2016
- Launched during the International Create Challenge 2014 by Matthias Vanoni, biometrics expert, Biowatch proposes an authentication solution for wearables, such as smartwatches.
- Recapp, Idiap spin-off and winner of the ICC’2013, provides software capable of transcribing meetings Jun 01, 2016
- Recapp’s software, already used by the Valaisan Parliament, has now its first application case on the communal level. The “General Council” of the Collombey-Muraz municipality now uses the software in order to transcribe its meetings.
- Eyeware, young Valaisan start-up and winner of the ICC’2015, featured in RTS’ radio show "Néophiles" May 09, 2016
- Kenneth Funes, whose project “Eyeware” was amongst the winners of the ICC’2015, is currently founding the start-up Eyeware in Martigny (Valais). It develops gaze and interaction technologies based on his PhD work done in the Idiap Perception and Activity Understanding group. The EyewareAssit system allows interacting with a computer via the head and facial gestures, and is particularly aimed at people with paraplegia who are unable to use a standard keyboard or mouse.