The Bob Project
Bob is a free signal-processing and machine learning toolbox
originally developed by the Biometrics group at Idiap Research Institute,
Switzerland. The toolbox is written in a mix of Python and C++ and is
designed to be both efficient and reduce development time.
- To learn about this project’s motivations and history, visit Motivations and Philosophy.
- For a brief summary of what you can do with Bob, have a look at Overview.
- To just get started using Bob, skip ahead to Installing Bob.
- If you make use of Bob or any Satellite Packages, we would
appreciate if you cited one of our publications as described in
- For more detailed information, scroll down to the User’s Guide, Developer’s Guide or Reference manual.
We believe in free software and development standards. Bob is a freely
available library, licensed under the terms of the GPL v3. For more information
on licensing, please visit our Licensing Terms.